Thursday, July 3, 2014

MAGIC CANDLE

Once upon  a time, there was a young wanderer who got lost in the woods. The young wanderer walked slowly around the woods without a clear directions night and day. One day, he saw a light from an old hut and found an old woman crying.

“What happened to you, old woman? Why are you crying?” asked the young wanderer.

“My…oh…my…. I had a magic candle that could grant anything I asked. But, the devil stole it from me and took it the castle. Now, I do not have anything left. I will be starving to death. My….oh….my…..!” said the old woman.

“Don’t worry old woman,” said the young wanderer, “I’ll go to the castle and take the candle and give it back to you real soon. I promise.”

Then the young wanderer went to the castle where he found the devil. The devil looked mean but he was old and weak. The young wanderer quietly stepped into the room and quickly grabbed the magic candle from the devil’s table. Then he ran away as fast as he could.  


The young wanderer, however, was not a kind man. He didn’t return the candle to the old woman, but kept it for himself. He lit the candle and made a wish, ”I want to go far away from here.” Suddenly, the genies appeared and took him to a beautiful palace. He met a beautiful princess and fell in love with her. He told her about his adventure and the magic candle. After listening to his story, the princess was disappointed and got angry at the same time. At night, she lit the candle and made the wish. “Let the wanderer pay for his mistake,“ whispered the princess. In the morning, the wanderer awoke and found himself lying back in his ugly house in the village. 

No comments:

Post a Comment